Each year there is at least one frosh girl that makes a big splash during XC. I had already noticed a few girls that seemed to making an impact on their teams, so I thought I would do some research and send some love their direction.
First I want to add some perspective, I haven't seen anyone who started the year at the level of Natalie Arriaza, Elle Williams, Zoe Leach, Maddison Kackley, Giselle Fernandez... did during their Frosh years. And to be completely honest the top incoming Frosh I identified before the seson began was Riverbank's Hailey Ramirez (who ran a 5:43 1600m last year), and she is injured and has yet to run in a single meet. Even after saying that, there are some very capable and solid ladies out there that are already helping their teams. Please note that these runners have run very little so far...in some cases only one or two races.
BREAHNA ALVES (Hilmar)--has run 22:02 for 3 mi and 22:15 for 5K. She placed 7th at TVL 1 in the varsity race.
ZURI GOLDING (Riverbank)--has made the biggest splash so far of these girls as the #1 Bruin finisher in their early meets. She ran 19:51 for 3mi and 21:06 for 5k. She placed 1st at MLL 1 in the varsity race.
AVA MARRONE (Ripon)--has run 22:56 for 5K. She would have placed 6th at TVL 1 but was ultimately DQ'd for taking a wrong turn (that had little impact on her over all place)
KIERA PATTERSON (Orestimba)--has run 22:42 for 3mi and 23:13 for 5K. She placed 8th in the Varsity race at TVL 1
ANNISTON STAPLES (Modesto)--was 1st at CCAL 1 and Kim Duyst in the FS races. Although she hasn't run a 3mi or 5K race she dominated her only two FS races and may be the best runner on this list
No comments:
Post a Comment