Sunday, February 26, 2017

TRACK HAS BEGUN (Viking Inv, RBK 12 HR)

There were two events this weekend, but honestly my brain isn't quite in track mode yet. The official start of the season in my mind is next Friday's Pitman Distance Wars, and then Tom Moore relays, the following day at Sierra HS. I will be at the Distance Wars (unless it is pouring). If you see me out there, say HOWDY!

VIKING INV 2/25 @ Edison HS in Stockton
The only competing StanCo team seemed to be Modesto Christian. The distance times in this meet were slow even by early season standards with one exception:

VG 800m
 1. Jessica Groen (Modesto Christian) 2:36.13

RESULTS

RIVERBANK 12 HOUR
The other "track" event of the weekend was the Riverbank 12 Hour. For those unfamiliar, this was just what it sounds like...running for twelve hours on a track and let's see who goes the farthest. Personally the furthest I ever ran was 16 miles. The furthest I ever raced was 13 miles. So running for 12 hour straight is truly some sort of insanity...With all of that said I am in awe of the results by Hunter Jamison (Gregori). Hunter has participated in TRM and has finished several marathons. On Saturday he completed 264 laps on the track...I'll save you the math, that is 65.75 miles. That is more than many of the HS distance runners pound out in a whole week. I can only imagine how his legs must feel today. But HUNTER, my hat is off to you, WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment